[at-l] Rainbow Springs, chili, etc.

>>automatically don't taste as good as one's mother's:

>>1.  meatloaf
>>2.  potato salad
>>3.  chili
>>4.  add to the list here...

4. Stuffed Peppers
  -all my friends, all my family, everyone I ever
dated, and most importantly (from my point of view :D)
her oldest son loves Mom's stuffed peppers.  Gotta get
the recipe...

5. Sauce
  -Don't tell Grandma Magnanti...but Mom's sauce is
just awesome. The kind of sauce old timers would call
'gravy'.  Thick, just wonderful for dunking a nice,
fresh, crusty loaf of bread fresh from the bakery in.
As with chili, always seems to taste better a day or
two later...

I could go on..and add more lists for what my two
Grandmothers make that no else can do as well.  :-)

Good food was one thing we never lacked in my family
growing up. I sometimes think the reason we were not
rich is that we  spent it all on food. :D

A very hungry Mags... (it is also noon right now MST,
don't think my turkey sandwhich will quite cut it now)

BTW, after hiking nearly twenty miles in the cold,
damp weather, the RSC chili hit the spot...

=====