[at-l] Rainbow Springs, chili, etc.

Jensine,  I, too, have experienced your chili and loved it.  It was back
in 1998.  Didn't you also sell some stew in the same fashion?  Liked it
too, if I remember correctly.  Ate two big helpings of whatever, I know.
Then again, the only foods I don't like are watermelon and "greens".

Not being really serious, we might start a thread on food's that
automatically don't taste as good as one's mother's:

1.  meatloaf
2.  potato salad
3.  chili
4.  add to the list here...

Such foods should never be ordered in a restaurant, or anywhere else,
but if you do you should never complain about the taste.

I'm sorry, but I don't give much credibility to any hiker who complains
about how any food tastes.  The only complaint I've ever heard from a
hiker was about quantity.

Any hiker conversation must, by definition, include one of the following
four topics, though:

1.  distance traveled
2.  gear preference
3.  weight carried
4.  FOOD!!!

You know you are among fellow hikers when you see a table full of people
who are otherwise strangers and one of them says, "Are you going to eat
the rest of that?", and nobody blinks an eye that the comment might be
the least unusual.