Re[4]: [at-l] OT - Theoretical biology

Here is some info for Weary and OB, and anyone else so
inclined, to look at and further discuss. OB, have you
ever pumped water thru a FND?

>From a file at General Ecology's site (makers of First
Need filter/purifier) from the top of page 2 of this
file:
http://www.generalecology.com/warfareagents.102601.pdf

<<General Ecology purifiers have also been
independently tested to the same EPA Microbiological
Guide Standard for the
removal of viruses. We note further with respect to
virus that the toxic component of all viruses is
either RNA or DNA
molecules, and viruses are host specific. Hepatitis A
is a virus transmitted via fecal-oral contamination.
It causes disease in
humans. Even though General Ecology, Inc. does not
make a specific claim to remove Hepatitis virus due to
the difficulty
and impracticality of testing this virus, the above
listed EPA Microbiological Standard utilizes polio and
rota viruses, which
both can infect humans through waterborne
contamination, as the two test viruses with the
implied understanding that
removal or inactivation of these two virions is an
indication of effectiveness against viruses.>>

This file contains test info:
http://www.generalecology.com/wemedmag.pdf

The pump is not hard to operate, their site states a
flow rate, but I can't get to it right now. It seems
to be close to others, but in practice, it works ok
for me.