[at-l] Stiffed by Hiker

On 9 Apr 2002 at 0:42, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/8/2002 4:52:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:
>

>     BTW, I was a patron at Rainbow Springs in '90 and
>     enjoyed my one night there (not in the bunkhouse.)
>     The chili really did suck -- Bryson got that part exactly
>     right -- but I snarfed it down anyway.
>

> Remind me never to feed you my chili, ingrate!

I paid for that bowl, so gratitude is not part of the equation.
If it had been free, your charge would be valid and my
complaint would not.

As chili is one of the few things I know how to prepare
(and a reasonably good batch, in all modesty) I tend to
be a bit critical about the stuff.

Being the son of depression-era parents, I also have this
habit of eating whatever's on my plate, even when it does
suck (and especially if I've had to pay for it.)

rafe b.
aka terrapin