Re[4]: [at-l] OT - Theoretical biology

If that is your usual way of constructing a sentence, then I understand
your difficulty in deciphering my prose.

Basically, what I said was that there are no viral pathogens spread by
water in the AT region, as well as in North America. I suppose it is
possible to create a filter fine enough to filter out viral particles.
However, that filter is likely to be about as porous as enamel, and
about as easy to pump water through. Rather than talking about filters
in terms of microns, this begins to get down to angstroms. There is a
whole different idea behind whether this is "better" than a chemical
treatment for the non-existent viral pathogens.

There is an old story of a man standing in Five Points (downtown
Atlanta) banging a drum and advising gawkers that he was keeping tigers
and lions away from the unarmed citizens walking the streets. When
someone pointed out that he was in Georgia and that tigers and lions
were not endemic to the area, he replied "See what I good job I'm
doing!"

Bill....