[at-l] Trail Lingo??? Water..

> Mayhaps it's my predilection for 'asking Miriam',
> but I have been
> tapped to prepare a Glossary of Terms for the
> 2003 Companion.
>
> I'm working on water right now. and need any
> terms commonly applied
> to springs and other water sources?  You
> know...trail lingo????

Many days out in the middle of summer where we had no right
to be, my hiking partner and I had been out of water for 17
hours.  We finally hit a little wash, and, following it
backwards, came upon a small stagnant puddle.  I began to
remove my pack to get the filter, but he just went down to
his knees, and, with a voice heard only from those in very
dire straights, exclaimed joyously, "LIFE!"  Then, of
course, he rolled around on the ground laughing like a
lunatic.  I gave him the water first...

Life is a good water word.

Shane