[at-l] Stiffed by Hiker

I'd like to de emphasize my revenge post of yesterday.
I was angry about someone attempting to take financial
advantage of my Dad.
I will not, however, go back on my advice to prosecute.

I am a bit of a flake about stuff like checkbooks.  I have unintentionally
bounced a check or two in my time but unless there was a
bank error, I can't come up with any scenario other than
pre-meditated theft.

I used to be a thief.  I started shoplifting as a kid and didn't get
caught for a loooong time.  When i did, it was brushed under
the rug by my parents.  I continued to steal.  Always shopligting
becuase I drew a line between stealing from businesses and
stealing from people.  I drew a line.......stealing from businesses
wasn't _really_ stealing...They had insurance...they wrote it off.
Everybody did it.

Eventually, I got sooo bold that I tried to walk out of a store with a
chainsaw.
I got caught.  Had my finger prints taken and mug shot. Went to court.
Got my name in the paper.   I have never stolen a thing since that day.
Getting caught then, was the best thing that could have happened because
I got turned around and took the right trail before I did worse...before I
blurred more lines betweeen right and wrong.  I _found_ my honor.  I
dug it out from where I had hidden it and dusted it off.  It hasn't been dusty
since.  My honor is important to me know.

Vengence bad.
Forgiveness good but
Justice and Consequeces for bad action is necessary.

Jensine, there is a chance you might be able to save this guys future.
Allowing bad behavior is not doing him any favors.