[at-l] Stiffed by Hiker

After reading all of the thread about the indident I had a chance to
reflect upon the cycle of anger, and the helpfulness of the at-l
list. (This doesn't include any responses from those who are
currently being filtered and trashed so excuse me if those folks
contributed some thoughtfulness to the discussion).

The first email from Jensine struck me as very angry, and filled with
a desire to strike out against the perp (not physically, I
understand, but trying to obtain some legal justice for herself or to
warn those further up the trail). I don't condone using email and
discussion groups for this purpose especially the way it was done,
supplying all possible details about the perp. A general warning
would be appropriate imho.

I then was surprised and pleased at the friendliness, and helpfulness
of the group. Kinda like being on the trail again for me, when I got
unexpectedly good advice from folks. And here I've gotta admit that
there is some amazing skill, knowledge and talent on this list!

Now it seems that Jensine is resolved, in some sort of way, to the
situation, after finding out some more facts. She seems to have a
resolution, or perhaps a course of action to pursue.

What's next? Is there any opportunity for "letting go" of the hurt
and anger? There is compassion in all of us, perhaps more now than
pre-911. I'd like to see that tapped more and more, on the list and
on the trail.

(Sorry, Jensine, I know you're not interested in extending the
thread. But I feel it's a bit unfinished...)