[at-l] Taking mom hiking

I'd concentrate on making her comfy in camp.  You will probably
have a lot of time camp or at a shelter so I'd put my efforts into seeing
she had a cushy bed and some padding to sit on.  Hike to and then
camp someplace within a easy mile of a good view or waterfall to break up
the evening.  If she feels up to more walking...there is someplace
neat to walk to.  If not, she can relax.  Plan something interesting for meals.
Neebees, in fact a LOT of people don't eat much on the first couple days so
it's a challenge to find something to pique their appetite's interest.
But the bottom line is she has a comfy night.  Ya can't hike if ya can't sleep.