[at-l] Stiffed by Hiker

shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

> ISF is very different from writing a check on a closed
> account.  The first is sometimes explainable, the second is
> premeditated fraud.  .

You are absolutely right.  The State Attorney's Office treat bad checks as a
misdemeanor.  Normally, a letter stating your intent to prosecute will be
enough to get your money.  However, writing a check on a closed account is
considered a felony (at least in Florida) and is grounds for mandatory
prosecution regardless if you get your money.  I'd call my local D.A. or
State Attorney's Office.  In my opinion, people that do this sort of thing
are the scum of the earth.

Kelly

multipart/alternative
  text/html