[at-l] Easter Hike Erwin area

Thanks for sharing these photo's as always they were outstanding.
John O

Message: 50
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 09:41:38 -0400
From: Chase Davidson <wb4pan@mindspring.com>
To: "at-l@backcountry.net" <at-l@backcountry.net>
Subject: [at-l] Easter Hike Erwin area

Hi Gang,

	I finally found the time to put up some pictures from my Easter Weekend
hike. It had been 20 years since I walked thru Erwin, TN. Things have
changed a lot down there. It is now a very friendly town! There where lots
of folks at Miss Janet's House, many thru-hikers I met in Georgia were
there as well as a few drive ins like myself. Bag of Tricks stopped in
carrying Baltimore Jack to GA for his 7th AT hike. DaRedhead, another ATLer
was there (sorry can't remember your name but I got your picture
:-( ), and a big surprise was that Pittsburgh took time away from his
Thru-Hike to come down for Easter Dinner! You can see the "New Look Pittsa"
in my pictures. He cleans up pretty good LOL.
	Mrs. Gorp and Ram Bunny on their second and third Thru, hiked with me from
Spivey Gap north into Erwin for Easter Dinner at Miss Janet's. The next day
Pittsburgh drive us 27 miles north of town to Hughes Gap. We camped on the
North side of Beauty Spot on our hike back to town. There was a beautiful
sunrise, the pictures just don't do it justice.
	After walking the ten miles back into town from Beauty Spot I had to head
back to the old routine at home, Work, School, sleep, house work, cut
grass, darn I hate giving up a weekend of hiking to stay home.

http://friends.backcountry.net/wb4pan

	I captioned most of the pictures. Someone let me know what I spelled wrong
:-). I need more time in the woods, 252 miles so far this year.
	Time to work on plans for two weeks in May, PCT? or repeat a couple
hundred miles of AT...working on second section hike, maybe some short
trail. I dunno it is all good:-)

chase

          http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html

   Holding resentment against someone is like taking poison
         & wishing it would affect the other person.