[at-l] my new lighter weight pack review

i got a  Serratus Icefall BackPack from www.mec.ca

i have taken it out now for a few overnighters and a few days hikes (when it
has been fuly loaded)  i really like it.
it is simple and stream line no funny frills. it does not meet the
ultralight standard but i never really wnated to go ultra light. and at $149
in canadian dollars the price it right..(about 100 dollars american) . i
also like the fact teh suspension system is simple but i came from the
frostfire by mountainsmith series of packs which have a suspension complex
like the web of a drunken spider.

52L  (3174 cubic inches)
1.6kg (3.6 lbs)

serratus is a MEC brand (it is a company owned by MEC as near as i can
figure)
i have used much MEC brand gear now (overmitts, gloves, shirts, pants,
gaiters, packs)... even taken some of it on my 700 mile section (my gaiters
are good as new except a broken button which i busted on a rock)and i have
not been disapointed with any of it (i also use a lot of their biking gear).
so far i have only had one seem rip out and that one on a pair of gloves
(and i was doign somethign stupid with them)

anyway soemthign for all you people that need gear still to look into.  i
foudn it to be one of the cheapest packs of that quality i could find

wisperlight