[at-l] Taking mom hiking

My mother has recently let me know that she would love
to see what backpacking is abuot.  So, when I go home for
the summer she wants to go backpacking.  There is a catch,
she had a car accident several years ago and has a crippled
left knee.  This limits her heavily in walking, but she does go for
basic low milage hikes.
I was thinking abou trying a very low milage hike, maybe a mile
for the first trip.  As well, she cannot really carry alot of gear, so
I will probably have to carry the bulk of her gear.
I really want to share my love of backpacking and backwoods
camping with her, can anyone give me suggestions on gear I should
get for  her and suggestions on things I can do to make this a pleasurable
experience for her.
Chatter