[at-l] Winter clothing list

I don't know if you will be starting in Maine or Georgia, but I started at the end of March in Georgia.  I wore long underwear, medium weight hiking pants and a light jacket during the day hiking and it was cold weather.  I was very warm to too warm while hiking.  The jacket came off.  At night, as soon as I stopped hiking the jacket went back on.  I slept in my tent instead of in shelters most of the time and only had my long underwear on inside my 20 degree down bag.  I was toast, slept all night comfortably.  I am normally a cold natured person, but I never was cold if I was in my sleeping bag inside my tent.  At times I only wore my shorts and tee shirt to bed because I was too warm with anything else on.  That lasted through April and by the time I got to Damascus and Trail Days I swiched to a sleep blanket and sent the down sleeping bag home.   My down sleeping bag never got wet inside my tent in a light rain.  I was using a CD Clip Flashlight 2-person tent.  I love my tent!  I had enough room to put my packback inside it at night to keep it out of the rain too.  If it was a major downpour I slept in the shelter instead of the tent.  It's no fun to carry a wet tent :-)

Sparrow