[at-l] Optimum Weight maintenance on a Thru=-Hike

Like Waterfall, I couldn't afford to lose weight, so I started out eating
more than I wanted and eating when I wasn't really hungry. Managed to lose
six pounds by Hot Springs, and was shocked to get to Maine and find out
that I was 12 pounds heavier than in Hot Springs. Was still feeling a bit
burned out, but I must have been doing something right.
Like Sloetoe, my metabolism has always been on the good side ("The best
diet is a high metabolism"). It does get a little nuts on a long hike, it's
like throwing food into a fire... And like Sloetoe I never bulk up, so the
term "chicken legs" is quite familiar. It was either on the AT, or my first
long hike on the LT, and I was trying to get to sleep in a shelter and was
feeling very uncomfortable. Now this is going to sound strange to those of
you with some body mass (Mags?), but the discomfort arose from the fact
that I was actually laying on the muscles in my calves, and it felt like I
was trying to sleep on rocks <g>

skeeter