Skunks, was Re: R gets specific and honest finally [at-l] topic police

A skunk can be a beautiful thing is you don't keep wanting it to be a cat.

I had one in the back yard about a week ago that was truely amazing, BTW.
It was almost all white with just a bit of black on its back.  Go figure.  I
think that there are two different species on the Trail, but I had never
seen anything like this one before.

The only reason I saw it was because we have a motion-detector light on the
back of the house.  Shane, anyway you could come up with a light weight
detector that I could attach to my Petzel Zipka?   ;-)

On the Trail the only time I saw a skunk was in Blood Mountain Shelter (what
a dungeon) and a shelter in GSNP.  Both these skunks were so confident of
thier position neither was a threat to spray.  Wonder what would have
happend had anyone thought to throw a boot at him.  Anyway, thats my
experience with skunks.  Its too bad that so many people fail to see what
they are all about.

For a while I was worried that one particular skunk had rabbies because
that's what I kept hearing.  Then these same people kept shouting about the
groundhog.  I'll save that metaphore for latter.  Anyway, I now think that
some people just can't stand to have any critters messing around in their
garden.  Even if it isn't thier garden.  A wiff of skunk (which often turns
out to be a smell of fox urine) is part of being outdoors.  I choose not to
get bent out of shape by it.