[at-l] topic police... I'll say it ---- having been.....

At 09:33 AM 4/4/02 -0800, Sloetoe wrote:
  Secondly, I thought your historic
>description yesterday pretty good (though I highly dispute the
>part about gear-weenies sent packing from the at-l to start the
>bpl

Didn't mean to say they were sent packing...not at all!  They saw
the negative comments and decided there was a value to the
complaints as well as sufficient interest to maintain a list
where the predominant focus was gear.  No hard feelings!
Sorry ...the angst I referred to was among those who resented
the increased gear content and repeatedly posted their views on same.

. but I can't get around the necessity of a Topic
>Police Force, a thought way too ugly.)

If all parties were reasonable, you'd be wrong.  But what is the alternative?
Advocacy becomes the bailiwick of extremistss?  Real discusion is driven
from the boards by the relentless, meaningless sermons and arguements?
How does that help the Trail?