[at-l] Optimum Weight maintenance on a Thru=-Hike

Here's a thread I'd love some serious feedback on:
maintaining an optimum weight.

>  "I've lost more than 30 pounds. I'm a boney mess, and
> I'm  not sleeping well. I need more padding again."

I've heard other thru-hikers speak of this as well. While I'm sure we all
can afford to lose a few pounds in our "town" state, I don't think I could
keep hiking on a thirty pound loss - would be into muscle mass, digesting
the "engine."

Can I hear some stories on how peoples' bodies changed on their thrus and
what they did to keep hiking? Mark Rebuck's thread about how his sleep
system changed as his needs changed was excellent.

How did your appetite change from start? Thru the heat? To the finish?
How did your cravings change? Did you find something that really worked to
keep your energy up? (I'm thinking olive oil will help, butter and cheese in
the cooler months. Of course, pizza and ice cream in all town stops!)

And how did it feel to have a six pack, tight butt and cute, iron thighs and
muscled calves again?! ha!

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: