[at-l] Ramble on A Question Of Trail

In a message dated 4/3/2002 5:34:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
rickboudrie@hotmail.com writes:

> I am grateful to those who have left a legacy of natural places for=20
> my generation to enjoy.  I find it remarkable that so many people had thes=
e=20
> values 50, 100 and more years ago when there was such an abundance of thes=
e=20
> places.
>=20

Hey Rick,

I just found this quote on another list and find it somewhat appropriate.  I=
=20
know it's how I feel these days. =20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do not burn yourself out.=A0 Be as I am-a reluctant enthusiast, a
part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic.=A0 Save the other half of
yourselves for pleasure and adventure.=A0 It is not enough to fight for the
environment; it is important to enjoy it.=A0 While you can.=A0 While its
still here.=A0 So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your
friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains,
bag the peaks, run the rivers, breath deep of that yet sweet and lucid
air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, that
lovely, mysterious and awesome space.=A0 Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain
in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active
and alive, and I promise you one sweet victory over our enemies, over
those deskbound men with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their
eyes hypnotized by desk calculators.=A0 I promise you this: You will
outlive the bastards!" - Edward Abbey

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---