[at-l] Walking Quote of the Day

Today I chose a passage from THE JOY OF WALKING by Donald Culross Peattie
because it fits well with Mags' comments on his night hike.  It comes at
the end of several paragraphs describing a walk to get the mail instead of
using his car.  Some long timers on AT-L may recognize a line from it that
I have used in my 'signature'.  That line is a quote that I consider to
have scripture status.

. . . True I could have "saved" about twenty-five minutes of my priceless
time.  For what? For the sake of a more sluggish digestion, of a wider
girth beneath my belt, staler air in my lungs, duller thoughts in my head,
a posture grown by that much older.   I should have lopped off half an hour
of fresh and living experience.  For after all, time is not money; time is
an opportunity to live before you die.  So a man who walks, and lives and
sees and thinks as he walks, has lengthened his life.  . . .

Amen