[at-l] Water filter alternatives

I think off and on useage is fine; it just strikes my overall medical
intuition that too much iodine over a long period of time could put
undue strain on either one'e thyroid system, or one's kidneys . . . what
do the docs say about long term, chronic use - keeping in mind how many
tablets it would take to purify all the water one drinks from GA to ME
[or vice-versa].  I don't think the response posts so-far really answer
the issue . . . who knows?  Anyhow, that is why I went with a middle
ground; sometimes I used iodine [with the precip follow-up tablets];
sometimes nothing; sometimes a lightweight filter; and sometimes iodine,
followed by the filter . . .

thru-thinker

p.s.  don't forget that we also all get iodine via iodized salt these
days