[at-l] Water filter alternatives <'nuther humor alert>

### Mr. Mendelsohn,
The Sloetoe Institute wishes to retain your services for
development of the Phase II Hiker Filter Box {field constructed}
Electro-magnet {Boy Scout-approved} Water Purity System.
Enclosed please find a check for $28.50 (Canadian) and one (1)
ten meter length of Oxygen Free High Purity Copper Wire for your
developmental and testing purposes. {N.B.: All field-constructed
water wheels should receive prior approval of the Army Corps of
Engineers has having neglible effect on navigable waters.} We
thank you for your drive, your courage, your creativity, and we
pray for your successful design's ultimate delivery, on
September 1, 2002. {This is a truncation of our originally
agreed delivery date; it is necessitated by the close of the
fiscal year, and we thank you in advance for your untroubled
acceptance.}

Scratching your back, we remain
The Sloetoe Institute

Sloetoe
(Director, Founder,
Chief Backer, Bottle-washer-in-chief,
Go-getter, Instigator, Investigator,
Whatever-ator, and more as I can think
of it.)

--- "Loren D. Mendelsohn" <lmend@ccny.cuny.edu> wrote:
> Magnets! you forgot the electromagnets and the car batteries
> to power them up!
### Dang!

> Sloetoe wrote: *or* with making your own
> > filter in the field, carrying nothing more than a claw head
> > hammer, and 10 10# nails per water stop (approx. 30, or 300
> > nails, or about 6.2 pounds, total load is at 1/10th of the
> wacky "carry your own water" school). *Obviously,* the
> > field-constructed filter box (plans available Copyright 2002
> The Sloetoe Institute, Payme, MO.)

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.