[at-l] contact lenses on the trail

I wear contact lenses - but not disposable ones.  Mine are the plastic
semi-permeable plastic ones.  I rarely have problems with putting them in
our out because I only deal with them in the morning when I wake up and in
the evening when I go to sleep.  I carry a pair of glasses for when my
contacts are out.

It is a pain however, when dirt or bugs fly in them - then I have to clean
my fingers, take the contact out, clean it, hope it doesn't blow away in the
wind, and then poke it back in my eye. Another problem has been dry eyes.
When my eyes dry out my contacts can pop out when I blink.

Charles

Hello,

I am new to the list and have just been lurking for a little while.  I have
recently gone from glasses to contact lenses and was wondering about the
difficulties of caring/wearing contacts on the A.T. as opposed to glasses.

SnowBear
GA>PA 99

multipart/alternative
  text/html