[at-l] G4 & G5 Packs

Chris Young wrote:

> My question is I've noticed on the website that the standard pack
>comes in only small and medium,and that a semicustom pack is
>reccommended for a large.I uasually use a large size for my pack,so
>should I order the semi custom? I've been looking at this pack for
>awhile,but I'm hesitant to buy a pack online,since I can't try it,before
>I buy it.I would like to hear from anyone that has used this pack,and
>what they think of it.

I think this question is best addressed to Mr. Van Peski. He asks
for your measurements when you make an order, btw.  Based on mine
he said I wouldn't fit into the one model he was offering then.
So he's obviously used to judging that sort of thing.  Send him
an email.

I have the small, I think.  He called it the "short torso" model.
I got mine in January and have had it out on a few trips.  Lots of
room, pretty comfy.  I have two minor complaints:  1) the Z-rest pad
sits a bit low for me, so unless I fool with the pack it rests
against my butt, and 2) I'd really like load-lifter or similar straps.
I may rig something - there's plenty of loops on the pack.

Besides those two things, which haven't been a huge factor, I've
been enjoying hiking with the G4.  I love being able to take the pad
out easily for breaks.  I love having my food and water handy in the
outside mesh pockets.  And it feels like a large pillow when I
pick it up.  I love that too.

  :)

FWIW, my previous pack is an old lightweight (4 lb 8 oz) external frame
pack, so this is a big change for me.

-amy