[at-l] Bridgedale Trekker Socks

I agree that Smartwools are very comfortable, in some of my shoes, and that
"socks are a bit like tires, you have various compromises between treadlife,
comfort, sidewalls and cornering! :)"

I would add that I suspect that different foot shapes and that different
shoe/boots make a big difference.

I'll never forget stopping on by way home from the trail at a REI a year, or
so back, and asking if that had any Thorlos in addition to the one, or two,
pair on display.

The young clerk tried selling me Smartwools.  I explained that I had tried
them and the weren't working for me, as they wore out along the top of my
toes.  He commenced to tell me that socks don't wear out at that place and
to lecture me as to where socks wear and how Smartwools were padded in all
the right places.

So, I sat down, took my shoes off, handed him the funky holey Smartwools
direct from ten days on the trail and asked his expert opinion on where the
holes came from.

I don't know if it was the trail funk, or the sight of my duct taped and
moleskined feet, that caused the general commotion and got the attention of
a manager, or more experienced, employee.  In any case, he was happy to find
more of the style and size I for which I was looking, which were still in a
box somewhere.

Chainsaw