-----Original Message-----
From: Loren D. Mendelsohn [mailto:lmend@ccny.cuny.edu]

I'm planning a short (125 mile) section hike this summer and
I'd appreciate some advice on alternatives to water filters.
I met one guy during last year's section who didn't filter
at all, but I'm not willing to take that risk.  I met someone
else who used chlorine bleach (2 drops/quart; wait 30 minutes),
I've heard about problems with that method as well.  If worse
come to worst, I'll just take my trusty old PUR filter, but the
thing is pretty heavy and I'd like to avoid taking it if I can.

Thanks in advance.

-- Lon "I'm on the 20 year plan" Mendelsohn