[at-l] Preparing for the Hike--Book Storage

If you or someone you know works in a sizable office, have them start
grabbing the empty copy/printer paper boxes.  They are a good size for
books, able to handle the load, and stack well.

I put my books in them shelf by shelf and my shelves are generally organized
by author so I just needed to put the alphabetic range on the outside of
each box to know exactly what was in each box.  If you are going to stack
the boxes, put the range on the end of the box, not the top, or else you
wont be able to tell what's in the stack.

I find the squared off corners of carboard boxes make book loading much
easier than the irregular shapes of many plastic, rubbermaid type boxes.

Mara - who basically lived out of a storage facility for 2.5 years.
Stitches, GAME99