[at-l] A last snowshoe trip for this year?

Well, besides anxiously awaiting Monday (wow...haven't
been excited about going to work in a long time), did
some snowshoeing this past Saturday.

Spring is here at the base of the Rockies, it is on
its way in the mountains themselves. The snow is more
slushy, the streams are starting to show through the
snow.
Though I enjoyed the trip, I am now ready for SPRING
in full. It is time to put the snowshoes away and
strap on my backpack and see where the trail takes me.

Early spring is one of my two favorite times of the
year (The other being early fall).  The sun is
shining, life is starting anew.  Spring is walking in
the grass with bare feet and playing  frisbee as I did
yesterday.  Spring is sitting on my back porch
watching the sun set over the foothills while drinking
my tea. A month ago, could not do that comfortably.
Spring is promise, where all the that we have been
thinking about all winter can happen.

The long hiking trips may start in Spring due to it
being the optimum time of the year. But it seems
symbolically fitting at a time where life beings again
that many of us start trips that somehow make us feel
alive.

Well, this was supposed to be a pretty standard trip
report..guess I felt like waxing the philosophical
this morning. :-)

Off to a backpacking trip next weekend to the Black
Ridge Canyons Wilderness  on the Colorado/Utah border.
Should be great.... And in a few weeks, have a REALLY
big hiking trip planned. ;-)

=====