[at-l] Bridgedale Trekker Socks

Can't answer your specific question but I've been wearing Bridgedales after
switching out of my Thorlos during my thruhike.  I generally use the AT Boot
Plus socks and haven't used the Trekkers.  If you look at the Bridgedale
site, the Trekkers are considered a three season sock and the AT boot  (or
bot plus) is considered a four season sock.  In general, I would expect the
AT boot plus to be thicker and take up more spacein your boots.  For me,
that's the positive aspect with going with the thicker socks.

Bridgedale uses different types of wool in their different socks.  You can
find the content listed on their website at http://www.bridgedale.com/ .  I
happen to like the Merino wool they use as it's wrapped in nylon.  Read
about it in their glossary.

As for using socks with non-Goretex boots, I know they have some that they
specifically mention using with Gore-tex, but I think all of them are still
going to be OK with non-Gore-tex boots.

As a matter of fact, I think they used to advertise the AT boot plus socks
as designed for use with Gore-tex but that no longer seems to be the case on
their web site.  As far as I can tell, the socks haven't changed.

The Bridgedales I've been wearing since my thruhike are the most comfortable
and durable socks I own.

I recently added a page on socks to my web site.  Click on socks at the
bottom.  http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/gear.html

Mara
Stitches, GAME99