[at-l] Preparing for the Hike--Book Storage

If you use any type of cardboard boxes to store books, make sure the
boxes are acid-free. Plastic is probably a better long-term storage-box
material for modern first editions or any valued books; Pay the extra $$
for an air-conditioned storage unit, if you cannot find a friend or
relative to donate climate-controlled space. Were I to store books
again, it would be in clear plastic bins, stacked on pallets. Stuff
happens, like broken pipes->soaked carpet->cardboard boxes that wick the
moisture right into the books. I saved the most valued volumes since
they had been ziplock-bagged.
http://www.unesco.org/webworld/ramp/html/r8816e/r8816e04.htm

ATR