[at-l] Ticks and Pequots

Well, the NEJM article last year suggested taking a single dose of
doxycycline on discovery of exposure. I am beginning to think this
might be an excellent addition to many first aid kits. It is
exceedingly cheap, safe and easy.

I sort of like the idea of a single dose rather than a week or longer
of treatment. Hence the fact that he just found the tick and the rash,
has a prior history, and has been walking in grassy area makes me a bit
more aggressive with prompt intervention.

Bill...