[at-l] Ticks and Pequots

In a message dated 3/31/02 11:25:13 AM, ARTCLOUTMN@aol.com writes:

<< I have had one long term bout with Lyme Disease so I am aware of the
dangers
and need to notify my doctor.  This morning the bite area was beginning to
show the typical bulls eye red infection.  I will need to make a call
tomorrow when my doctor is back in the office.  I have often wondered if a
person can become imune to Lyme Disease after having the disease once.

Being new to the list, I am betting that this is a topic that has come up a
lot, but I would love to revisit it!  (and in the meantime- would some one
mind answering me off-list and telling me how to access the archives! *G*).
    Have any of you gotten the lyme vaccine?  I have gotten two out of three
of the shots with the last coming next year before I thru.  I know that it is
controversial, but Lyme is  a serious hike-ending possibilities, so I wanted
to be pro-active about it.  Anyone had any experience with it?  Thanks!  Anna