[at-l] WF and AT-L History Long Delete at will

Kahley has provided us with a fair summary of Wingfoot's foibles. He obviously
is his own worst enemy.

 But what she left out is his dedication to the trail. No one worked harder in
 support of Saddleback. He essentially put his entire site on the line in an
 effort to get people off their butts -- and in retrospect the effort may have
 cost him his site.

 Many on this list salve their consciences by claiming it was a wasted effort or
 a counter productive effort, or an ego trip.

 In a lifetime of involvement in environmental matters, I've never seen a more
 skillful mustering of effective grassroots support.

 One other small point. Kahley, I've never heard of a group doing "thruhiker
 certification." Who might that be?

 Weary