[at-l] glasses was OT Lasik

At 04:19 PM 3/31/02 -0500, lubitz@alumni.fdu.edu wrote:
>Now a lasik question:
>If I were to get Lasik surgery, wouldn't I still need reading glasses
>which IMO
>are more frustrating than regular glasses with a reading Rx built in since
>with
>them, my reading glasses are always on my face and not lost somewhere.  I do
>lose things on occasion.

You can have one eye adjusted for distance, your dominant eye, and the
other for reading.  That's what my friend did and one of my employees has
her contacts set up like that.  It took her a few days to get used to but
she loves it.  BTW you can determine your dominant eye by holding your
thumb up in from of you and closing one eye at a time.  If the image of
your thumb moves, the eye you just closed is your dominant eye.

sAunTerer