[at-l] tripods/Monopods

My favorite stick also has a 1/4 20 stud in the top.  The way I did it was to
take a bolt out of my jar of leftover bolts (cost = 0) and cut the head off.
Then after drilling a 1/4 inch hole in the top of the stick I inserted the bolt
cut end down & epoxied.  This way the cut end does not have to be cleaned up
since the factory end is sticking out.  I went cheap on the knob and got the
solid walnut replacement knob which was only $5.  If the ground is soft enough,
and the area is not environmentally fragile, I can pull off the rubber tip and
stick the pole in the ground for self portraits.  Just wait for the viabrations
to settle down before triggering the self timer.
Ric