[at-l] Ticks and Pequots

Orange Bug wrote:

> This story sounds a bit strange, as April is quite early for deer
> ticks. However, with your prior experience and description, I'd
> recommend you call your real world doc and/or ER today. I'd suggest a
> trial of antibiotic to be considered fairly promptly given the prior
> illness and current exposure.

For what it's worth, I picked up a tick in February.  It was a warm
day and I wore my hiking shorts for the first day in ages.  From
what I can tell, the little sucker had been hiding in the shorts
all winter.  I certainly didn't go anywhere near vegetation before
I found the tick.

He was a tough little guy, too.  I ended up scraping as much of his
head out as I could with a knife.  There's still a mark.  :P
(Not a bullseye, though.  Looks like I have pencil lead stuck
in my leg.)

-amy