[at-l] New thread?

MacKaye never considered the idea of customized trekking poles, 35mm
SLR cameras with standardized tripod mounts, much less Epoxy. I will
grant you that he had some prescient writings of mass produced threaded
rods, as noted on the 26th paragraph of his third essay in the
Architectural Digest and Popular Astrology.

These are modern inventions that often improve the lot of the long
distance hiker, adding to the sense of recreation that was foremost for
MacKaye's first and more familiar essay.

However, if you do not file and repair the threads, you will inevitably
either strip the thread of the camera's tripod mount, or irreversibly
attach it to the pole/staff. This will ruin the balance of the
pole/staff as well as damage the camera from repetitive shocks as you
"lekilekilekilekilekileki" down the trail.

Plus, I am certain that both he and Avery are turning in their graves
over the idea of threading into the grain rather than cross grain. Some
people need to show more dignanty for the sanctity of wood.

Bill...