[at-l] OT (LASIK)

I wear the contacts that you take out and clean weekly and change every
other week or so.  Mostly or so.  <G>  Anyway, my right eye is what I read
with, and my left eye is set up to see distances.  At first, many years ago,
it took me a couple of months to get used to this system, but I really like
it.

I have discovered that the way to change them is not to take both lenses out
the same night.  For instance, I take out my left contact on Tues. night and
replace it on Wed. morning; on Wed. night, I take out my rght contact and
replace it on Thurs. morning.  That way, I'm never without some sort of
focused vision.

I do find, like wisperlite was saying, that my eyes hurt without them.  Of
course, he was talking about glasses, but without the contact, my eyes feel
so vulnerable, like I've taken a layer of skin off or something.  Breezes on
my naked eyes feel awful.  Once the contact is back in, the eye is happy,
and I feel protected again.

In camp, I put my camp shoes or boots right by my sleeping pad.  Before I go
to sleep, I stick my eye drops, flashlight, knife, vaseline, bandanna, etc.,
in my shoe.  When I wake up in the night, I know right where everything is.

anklebear

---