[at-l] OT Amazon.com

At 12:35 AM 3/29/02 -0600, Tom Mantooth wrote:
>William and list,
>
>It looks like William was correct about Amazon.com.  I place an order on
>the 11th and on the 22nd of March.  They have neither been shipped as
>yet.  I checked and they both say they have not been shipped but still
>show I should receive them between 22 and 26 of March.
>
>I sent them an email stating that would be very hard to do.  How can I
>receive them by the 26 when this is the 29th and they have not even
>shipped yet.  I have a feeling that it is not the true fault of Amazon
>but they should be honest with the customer and tell why.
>
>BEWARE

I've ordered a lot from Amazon and had only one bad experience.  Well not
really bad, just frustrating.  To their credit my most recent order was a
used book through that had to be shipped by a 3rd party.  I had it in 4
days.  I think it depends on whether the book is in Amazon's warehouse or
has to come from another source.  If from the other source Amazon is
dependent on them and their supplier may or may not be consistent in their
service.

sAunTerer