-----Original Message-----
From: kahley [mailto:kahley@ptd.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 11:02 AM

Lynn...if you are still out there, your book was more successful, at least
IMHO.
I've read your book more that twice thru.  I read Bryson's
only as far as it held my interest.  Somehow, it is my memories
that when he actually stopped hiking, the humor dried up or
for some reason i lost interest.

Your book "A Season on the Trail" held my interest all the way
and I'\m sure I will reread it again.

That's what I consider true success for an author.  There is a big
difference
between a good afternoon read and a GRREAT TRAIL BOOK!!!!!