Re[2]: Re [at-l] Picking on Bill and other stuff at-l

At 10:15 AM 3/27/02 -0500, Bob C. wrote:
>I could have a great time hiking with Katz. I have no desire to hike with Bill
>   Bryson. And yes, he failed to show up at the Gathering, after promising he
>   would, even though it was held in the town where he lives.

Perhaps because he got wind of the tone of comments about his book on this
list when it was mentioned that he might come?  At the Gathering Warren
Doyle made it clear that he holds Bryson in utter contempt.  If I were an
author and heard about the kind of reception he was likely to receive, I
wouldn't show up either.  Why would you choose to be raked over the coals
like that?

sAunTerer