[at-l] Gear report in progress.........sorta

Hey ya'll. Recently I was pointed toward a Yahoo group called MakeGear.
While stumbling around trying to find the specific post I was looking
for, I came across instructions for making a one ounce LED headlamp. The
basic project consists of 2 lithium watch batteries, a slider switch, a
100 ohm resistor and a 5.6 mcd LED all in a simple series circuit. The
whole thing is sewn to an elastic head band.

Well, I went to a local Radio Shack store to see if I could find all the
components needed to make such a project. I was able to find nearly every
thing. I will have to locate a battery holder but everything else can be
found at the Radio Shack, well the elastic band will come from a sewing
store. The price is going to be nice! Here is what I found:

LED  $4.99
switch  1.99  (pack of two tiny slider switches)
Lithium batteries 2.99  (pack of two, 3.0 volt)
100 ohm resistors .99 (pack of 5, 0.5 watt, +/- 5%)

I have wire, solder and a soldering iron. Being a pack rat, I have an old
mini flashlight to use as a bulb holder. I don't know how much elastic
costs but it looks like the project will come in at about $12. This is
good considering that a 2.5 ounce Petzl Tikka LED headlamp costs about
$35. Wish me luck, Hopeful

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.