[at-l] Mayan hammocks

> Thanks Shane for finding the hammock site listed below.

Welcome.

>The tips on tying one are useful on this site, however.
>
> Figure (a) could easily be adapted to use a strap instead of a rope.
>
> http://www.seapa.co.nz/hammock_info.htm

I like to tie a carabineer in-line near the hammock, then pass the rope or
strap around the tree, back through the carabineer, and then tie as you have
described.  After a few tries, you can put a hammock up in thirty seconds.

I used to tie a very different knot, which was easy to untie because you
just pulled on the loose rope end and voila!  I couldn't begin to describe
it as text, but using a carbineer, you just unclip it and voila!, so I chose
the lazy way out.

Shane