[at-l] New Thread: Appalachian Mtn Hike Award

Ok, we've about beat the 'purism' question to death.  As I've said
before, there's nothing magic about the ATC criteria (IMHO), we or
anyone can set up our own criteria and our own award.
    What if we developed an application for what we (?) think would be
an appropriate and credible award for someone who 'traversed the
Appalachian Mountain Chain'.  What criteria would we set forth?
  Starting/ending points?
  Time limit (year, none, six months, 10 years,...)?
  Method of movement (walk (%), ride (%), float (%), dont' care (?))?
  Portion of the distance covered (100%, 90%, ... don't care, any...)
  Path (trail/not trail/road/river...)?
  Blaze (white (%), blue (%), yellow (%), don't care...)
  Camping (or not?)...
  Town days (any, none, don't care??),
  carry a pack (yes/no/don't care)...
  (Other criteria...)