[at-l] HYOH - IYOW - Was: Lots of other stuff...

"...When I hike the AT, even if I lick every white blaze along the way, I don't
intend to apply for any certificate either. What's the point?  I did what I did,
I saw what I saw; why do I need validation?  Why do YOU need validation?" argues
Shane.

 You don't. I suspect that most people register because they meet a lot of
 interesting people on the trail (unlike Bryson, incidentally) and they want to
 let those who fell behind -- or moved ahead --  know they finally made Katahdin
 -- one way or another.

 This is natural. I was tempted to do so myself. But I thought better of it.

 Weary