[at-l] Bryson question

His book has been controversial on this list, as well as on others. He
makes descriptions of some trail and off trail folks that are not very
flattering, and are seen as insulting by others. My perception is that he
is an artist that draws warts and all, and doesn't mind how a laugh is started.

His book has some useful hiking advice, more along the lines of what not to
do. When you have some time and miles behind you, you will recognize
several of the fictional creations.

I think one of the most frustrating things about his book is the fact that
he made much more money and sold far more copies than any thru hiker -
possibly more than all trail books combined. It happens that way from time
to time.

OrangeBug