[at-l] Hello

--- aaron Vanwieren <aaronwv@unm.edu> wrote:
> I plan on going into town, and getting back into the
> woods
> in short time.  I know towns are part of the
> experience, BUT
> I should be able to get this experience by staying
> for a night.

That was the theory for my hike. Worked for me
(though, this time around I will take a zero mileage
day at least once in a 1000+ mile stretch! :D)

> I want to focus on the trail and the hike, more than
> partying.

The theoretical budget should work well for you,then.

> Gear, I have everything I pretty much need, what I
> don't have, Christmas

Ah, but sometimes you may need replacement gear...

The boots wear out, the filter cartridge may need to
be replaced, you may want to change packs. Just
something to be aware of.

> her.  She is wonderfully
> understanding( she has to be with me, after 10 years
> as an undergrad

Lets hear it for Mom!

My own parents are like that. Wondering why I am going
on another backcountry adventure (the boy FINALLY has
a career going, is almost 30, etc.) but are, as always
very supportive. My own Mom still wonders when I am
going to marry, settle down, and give her
grandchildren, however. :-)

=====