[at-l] 2000 Plus Or Minus

In a message dated 3/25/02 8:52:12 AM, kahley@ptd.net writes:

<< Ya know, this leads to an issue that has always fascinated me.
People who invest months of their lives in hiking the AT and then,
essentially stop hiking.  >>

I know what you mean.  When I started talking about doing the AT several
years ago, a fellow teacher decided he was going to do it with me.  He
started buying gear.  He spent way more money on stuff than I spent.  He went
hiking with me each summer for about 6 years.  Then he told me that long
distance hiking was just not his bag.  I guess it is better that he decided
now and not while we were on the trail sharing gear.  I decided fron that to
plan my hike solo.  I will meet people on the trail to hike with.

                                Art