[at-l] Therma-Rest pads, What do you like or Hate?

> "...My main question is 3/4 or not." asks JTW.
>
>  Most hikers, including me, seem to find the 3/4 length okay. A few insist on
>  full length pads.
>
>  I don't think the marginal extra comfort is worth the weight and bulk, though
>  it depends a bit on when you start. I think if starting in February or early
>  March I might carry a foam pad for my legs, or at least an extra heavy sleeping
>  bag.
>
>  Weary

	When I was younger, all I carried was a 3/4 length ensolite pad. These
days I find the discomfort of squeezing my six-plus foot frame onto a
short pad, and propping my feet up on my bag to be more than I wish to
deal with at the end of the day. I'd rather carry the added weight.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com