[at-l] Hiking Poles Leki vs. REI

In a message dated 3/25/02 3:38:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
m_factor@hotmail.com writes:

> If you are considering an AT hike, then I think  the name recognition and
> service reputation that Leki provides might just be worth it.  Leki comes
> Trail Days each year and services hiking poles.  They will take your word
> for it over the phone if you have a problem and send a replacement pole to
> your next mail drop with just a phone call - and BEFORE receiving the
> problem pole from you.

Have to agree with Mara here. I had a set of REI poles that were nothing but
trouble. It was an issue with the straps and after three return visits, the
guy at REI finally gave me a set of Lekis.  He said, "You won't have ANY
problems with these" and I haven't after another couple hundred miles on
these.

Spend the extra $ and get Leki brand. Plus , it's a great excuse to go to
Trail Days. "I have to go get my poles fixed up".

POG

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---